We are looking for an Accounts Assistance with a passion for numbers, accuracy, and skills in calculating figures. The role will involve a variety of administration duties supporting the Finance Director and Credit Control.
The role will require paying attention to detail, an interest in accountancy, good communication and interpersonal skills and a good opportunity for someone to learn the fundamentals of working in a busy and fast paced financial environment.
An ability to be discreet, diplomatic, reliable, and trustworthy will help you in this role. You must be professional, as well as take initiative, as you may be expected to use your own processes. The ability to multitask would be beneficial.
The business uses an internal ERP system for which training will be provided. However, it is important that you are computer literate and are confident in using Outlook, Word, and Excel.
Main Job Role:
- Assist with CIS and VAT returns
- Assist with journal account reconciliation
- Assist with bank reconciliation
- Process batch and supplier invoices
- Reconciliation of supplier accounts to statements.
- Generate sales invoices and assist in production of applications.
- Process foreign currency invoices
- Process staff expense claims
- Take customer payments
- Monitor and be responsible for Supplier and Contractor Invoice Tracker
- General Administration
- Keep ERP system up to date
- Reconcile Credit Card statements & receipts
- Manage team calendar attending meetings when required, preparing agenda, taking and distribution of minutes
- Previous experience working in a similar environment would be advantageous, you will need to have had at least 1 years’ experience working within an office environment
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Good numerical skills and commercial awareness
- Strong organisation and time management skills
- Good IT skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word & Excel
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Ability to work within deadlines and cope under pressure
- Full and valid UK driving licence
- Attention to detail and self-motivated
- Personable, presentable, and articulate
Please apply in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.