As part of our growth journey we have created a new Finance Manager role, who will report into our Finance Director. This is a fantastic opportunity for you to join our team.
In this role you will be responsible for a range of both financial and systems-based activity for WMS Underfloor Heating Limited and associated companies.
We are looking for a commercial, proactive, inquisitive professional to join the team and ensure that the businesses requirement timely and accurate information to allow optimal decision making, whilst making sure we satisfy our regulatory reporting requirements.
We have invested in a comprehensive ERP system. It is important that you are very computer literate and confident in using Outlook, Word, Excel and ideally SQL (or the willingness to be trained to create SQL reports).
The suitable candidate will also be confident in verbal and written forms of communication.
Our company operates in a fast-moving market, so you must be proactive, able to prioritise, work well within a team and on your own initiative.
Challenging the ‘status quo’ is paramount as is possessing an advanced sense of humour.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts.
- Concise commentary across the Profit & Loss Account, Balance Sheet and Cashflow understandable by non-Finance users.
- Full monthly reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts including intercompany.
- Daily bank reconciliations in a high value, low volume transaction environment.
- Manage all VAT and other regulatory reporting including CIS and PAYE.
- Finance owner of the ERP system to ensure that the system is used to its full potential. Identify and bid for system enhancements as appropriate.
- SQL reporting from the ERP database.
- Accounts Payable Finance lead including UK and non-UK payments.
- Verify and approve Project handovers including credit limits, in conjunction with the Finance Director.
- Annual plan and reforecasting in conjunction with the Finance Director.
- Continuous focus on improving controls and processes to increase our return on capital.
- Assist our external auditors in the production of our annual statutory accounts.
Key Role Requirements:
- Previous experience working in a similar role for at least three years.
- Strong technical knowledge of the general ledger.
- Proven experience in processing and submitting HMRC returns including VAT/PAYE/CIS.
- Excellent Excel and ideally SQL reporting skills.
- Strong IT skills in a cloud-based environment
- Solid understanding of producing management accounts to a high standard.
- Experience of working with external auditors
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Personable, presentable and articulate
- Strong Commercial Awareness
- Ability to work within deadlines and cope under pressure
- Interpersonal and team-working skills
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent (to include English and Maths grade C)
- Qualified (ACCA, CIMA) preferred. Or exceptional QBE.
- Enjoys working as part of a close-knit team, keen to get involved in company activities and events.
Holidays & Benefits
- You are entitled to 5.6 weeks of annual holiday (20 days per annum, plus 8 statutory Bank Holidays.)
- Workplace Pension
- Company Laptop
Apply with your CV to the Finance Director