The Role 'Project Manager'
WMS Underfloor Heating Limited has a team of ‘office based’ Project Managers who manage our underfloor heating projects once an order has been secured. This involves producing a design, liaising with the client for their approval and then seeing the project through to completion in conjunction with our labour team, sub-contractors and suppliers.
You need to be a proactive team worker with the initiative to work alone when required and able to manage your own diary and workload. There will be occasions when you will be required to attend site meetings with our clients so that the underfloor heating detail for installation is fully prepared and accurate. The ability to communicate at all levels is key as you will interact daily with site operatives to Director Level.
- Construction knowledge and experience, working in a similar environment and/or role ideally within Plumbing, Heating and Mechanical Sector
- Set Up of new projects once order has been secured, providing Tech Subs, Budget Tracker, Schedule of Works etc.
- Submission of designs of UFH and able to apply mark up of designs using AutoCAD
- Responsible for Risk and Method Statements (RAMS) and issue to relevant parties and any other health & safety requirements of the client
- Approval of supplier and sub-contractor invoicing, ensuring Quality Assurance checks and documentation has been completed. This may require using client programs and submissions
- Deal with reactive client, installer, and subcontractor enquiries
- Raise Purchase and Sales Orders, Picking Lists and Variations
- Attend meetings when required
- Provide installer training and compliance support
- Review processes and procedures, updating when required. This may include but is not restricted too; compilation of financial reports, trend analysis, housekeeping of project status etc.
- Full valid UK Driving Licence
- Good IT skills and literacy, with working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word & Excel
- Excellent communication and written skills
- You will be required to hold a CSCS and/or SKILLcard (The Company are able to support the obtaining of this, if required)
- Good numerical skills
- Strong organisation and time management skills
- Personable, presentable and articulate
- Excellent Commercial awareness and able to negotiate
- Ability to work within deadlines and cope under pressure
- Interpersonal and team-working skills
How to Apply
Please apply in writing to Vacancies@wms-uk.com with your CV and covering letter.