WMS Underfloor Heating Limited has a team of ‘office based’ Project Managers who manage our underfloor heating projects once an order has been secured with the exception of Major Projects. For this role, you would be expected to spend approximately 80% of your time working on-site, dealing, and managing the day2day logistics, program delivery, budgets/financial and responsibility of sub-contracted and direct labour resource. This involves producing detailed designs of underfloor heating systems, floor build ups and associated packages of work, liaising with the client for their approval, accountable for variations and then seeing the project through to completion.
You need to be a proactive team worker with the initiative to work alone, lead a team and able to manage your own diary and workload. The ability to communicate at all levels is key as you will interact daily with site operatives to Director Level.
- Construction knowledge and experience, working in a similar environment and/or role within plumbing, heating and mechanical sector, ideally with knowledge of underfloor heating and cooling systems.
- Set up of new projects once order has been secured, providing tech subs, budget tracker, schedule of works etc.
- Submission of designs of UFH and able to apply mark up of designs using AutoCAD.
- Responsible for risk & method statements (RAMS) and issue to relevant parties and any other health and safety requirements of the client
- Approval of supplier and sub-contractor invoicing, ensuring quality assurance checks and documentation has been completed. This may require using client programs and submissions.
- Deal with reactive client, installer, and subcontractor enquiries.
- Raise purchase and sales orders, picking lists and variations
- Attend meetings when required.
- Provide installer training and compliance support.
- Review processes and procedures, updating when required. This may include but is not restricted too; compilation of financial reports, trend analysis, housekeeping of project status etc.
- Full valid uk driving licence
- Good it skills and literacy, with working knowledge of Microsoft outlook, word and excel
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- You will be required to hold a CSCS and/or skillcard as a minimum requirement.
- Valid SMSTS
- Good numerical skills
- Strong organisation and time management skills
- Personable, presentable, and articulate
- Excellent commercial awareness and able to negotiate.
- Ability to work within deadlines and cope under pressure.
- Interpersonal and team-working skills
Please apply in writing to Vacancies@wms-uk.com with your CV and covering letter.