This is a fantastic opportunity to join the business in a new movement to provide sales support to a specific area of the sales team and be a leader in creating what a successful support role is capable for in the business.
The success and sustainability of this role will be measured through additional sales throughput, over and above that which they are currently achieving on their own.
The goal is to enable the relevant salesperson to stretch beyond their targets and achieve greater productivity. The key focus will be to support the salesperson in the three things that they do:
- Lead generation
- Convert sales
- Maximise existing business
Your role will largely be enabling the above through providing sales administration support through world-class customer service, continuously improving efficiencies and maximising the PCMs (pre-Contract Managers) time. It will be important that communication is to an excellent standard and that you take the initiative in situations to pre-empt challenges and obstacles.
The successful candidate will need a high level of attention to detail and be competent in using Microsoft Office & ERP systems. Experience working with AutoCAD will be beneficial as will familiarisation of technical drawings.
An important element to the role is to be confident and capable of talking to our clients when required, building rapport and gaining their trust. Integrity to your word is imperative in view of giving our clients the best possible service and repeat business.
There will be periods of high workload, so the successful candidate will need to actively demonstrate that they can manage their workload and still maintain the level of detail and accuracy that is required.
It is essential that this candidate demonstrates urgency, commitment and energy.
Requirements of the role
- Previous experience working in a similar customer service / support role
- Excellent communication and written skills
- Excellent numerical skills and commercial awareness
- Strong organisation and disciplined time management skills
- Personable, presentable and articulate
- Positive, proactive, punctual and enthusiastic
- Ability to work with tough deadlines and cope under pressure
- High level of detail and accuracy
- Interpersonal and team-working skills
- Knowledge of UFH systems and controls would be preferred
- Flexible worker, prepared to go the extra mile
- Assist with quote revisions for quick and efficiently returns / deadlines
- Be a second voice and contact for key account customers
- Acquire deep knowledge of the internal ERP system
- Able to answer quotation questions intelligently
- Gain knowledge of estimating and liaise with suppliers on material costs / alternative products
- Fine tune quotes for certain customers with specific requirements
- Find new customers to support lead generation
- Order processing and project handovers to operations
- Provide initial follow up on submitted quotations
- Manage the salespersons calendar
- Maximise F2F appointments for partially filled days
- Filter calls and manage inbox
- Promote self-development for yourself and the PCM through extra learning initiatives
- Be a voice and example of world-class sales coordination within WMS!