ABOUT WMS UNDERFLOOR HEATING
Working with us means you become part of the WMS family. We are a fun, passionate and trusted company, delivering underfloor heating to luxury projects of varying sizes. Beyond just fitting underfloor heating we believe in building solid relationships and providing the same premium quality service to all our clients and suppliers. With ambitious plans to grow over the next few years we have a fantastic opportunity to be part of our exciting team.
As our Underfloor Heating Engineer you will be working closely with the Project Managers and Project Administrators to provide the final Balancing check to our underfloor heating & cooling systems following installation. Balancing is a fundamental aspect of any underfloor heating installation and you will have a variety of responsibilities, such as adjusting the flow metres, carrying out checks to the system including thermostats etc. Basic plumbing/electrical knowledge will be key, as you need to develop a strong understanding of underfloor heating, cooling systems and controls.
A suitable candidate would be confident in verbal and written forms of communication and able to communicate to people both internally and externally in a clear and professional manner. You will be required to file both electronic and physical documentation.
The Operations department is a fast-paced environment; therefore it is important that you are able to prioritise and organise your workload efficiently with the ability to work well within a team and own initiative.
Main Job Role:
- Travelling to various locations to carry out final Balancing check to our underfloor heating & cooling systems
- Dealing with reactive client queries, diagnosing and then actioning while on site if possible
- Creating and issuing certification on completion of works
- Carry out required training and tool box talks
- Liaise and assist within operations, providing support and cover if required
- Provide technical support and liaise with Site Management
Key Role Requirements:
- Previous experience working in a similar role would be an advantage
- God written/ verbal communication skills
- Good numerical skills
- Full valid UK driving licence
- Hold a current valid CSCS and/or SKILLcard or be willing to complete the relevant revision and test required to obtain one
- Have good basic construction knowledge and working on site experience
- IT literate
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Personable, presentable and articulate
- Interpersonal and team-working skills
- Background in heating and plumbing would be preferred as you will need the ability to gain a strong understanding of UFH and Controls
Please apply in writing to Vacancies@wms-uk.com with your CV and covering letter.