As our Underfloor Heating Engineer you will be working closely with the Project Managers and Project Administrators to provide the final Balancing check to our underfloor heating & cooling systems following installation. Balancing is a fundamental aspect of any underfloor heating installation and you will have a variety of responsibilities, such as adjusting the flow metres, carrying out checks to the system including thermostats etc. Basic plumbing/electrical knowledge will be key, as you need to develop a strong understanding of underfloor heating, cooling systems and controls.
A suitable candidate would be confident in verbal and written forms of communication and able to communicate to people both internally and externally in a clear and professional manner. You will be required to file both electronic and physical documentation.
The Operations department is a fast-paced environment; therefore it is important that you are able to prioritise and organise your workload efficiently with the ability to work well within a team and own initiative.
Main Job Role:
- Travelling to various locations to carry out final Balancing check to our underfloor heating & cooling systems
- Dealing with reactive client queries, diagnosing and then actioning while on site if possible
- Creating and issuing certification on completion of works
- Carry out required training and tool box talks
- Liaise and assist within operations, providing support and cover if required
- Provide technical support and liaise with Site Management
Key Role Requirements:
- Previous experience working in a similar role would be an advantage
- God written/ verbal communication skills
- Good numerical skills
- Full valid UK driving licence
- Hold a current valid CSCS and/or SKILLcard or be willing to complete the relevant revision and test required to obtain one
- Have good basic construction knowledge and working on site experience
- IT literate
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Personable, presentable and articulate
- Interpersonal and team-working skills
- Background in heating and plumbing would be preferred as you will need the ability to gain a strong understanding of UFH and Controls
Please apply in writing to Vacancies@wms-uk.com with your CV and covering letter.